Important notes to the user of this service
- To perform a proper enrichment analysis 2 separate lists should be supplied. One with the genes that are tested for an enrichment and one with all genes for the experiment. For example: a list of the significant genes obtained with gene expression analysis and a list of all tested genes.
- If only one list is provided these genes are tested against a background of all genes of the organism.
Required input data
- list of test-genes (e.g. significant genes from gene expression analysis)
- (optionally) list of all genes (see important notes)
- performed test: GO enrichment, KEGG pathway enrichment, PFAM domain enrichment
- summary table of enriched GO terms, KEGG pathways or PFAM domains
- the summary table contains: enriched feature, p-value, term and overrepresented genes
Additional options on request
- non-conditional test for GO terms
Methods & Implementation
A hypergeometric test is performed for overrepresentation of GO terms, KEGG pathways of PFAM domains in the specified gene list. The conditional GO term enrichment takes into account the structure of the GO directed acyclic graph. The enrichment is calculated using the R packages GOstats